Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

Default Word 2007 Label Alignment

I'm trying to print Avery labels in Word 2007. The characters on each label
are not being placed properly on the label. The first two lines have the
left 2 or 3 characters cut off. The third line is correct. Overall, the
block of text is correctly placed on the label. It's as if the first two
lines have a different margin, one that is too far to the left. I've tried
Avery 8160 labels and Avery 8167 labels (return address size). The same
thing happens for both, just on a different scale. Any ideas??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Is the text aligned correctly if you print the "labels" on plain paper?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm trying to print Avery labels in Word 2007. The characters on each
label
are not being placed properly on the label. The first two lines have the
left 2 or 3 characters cut off. The third line is correct. Overall, the
block of text is correctly placed on the label. It's as if the first two
lines have a different margin, one that is too far to the left. I've
tried
Avery 8160 labels and Avery 8167 labels (return address size). The same
thing happens for both, just on a different scale. Any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

Yes, exactly the same thing happens. This is so hard to describe. Picture a
block of three lines of text. The left edge of the first two lines is moved
two or three characters to the left. But rather than having these two or
three characters print to the left of the left edge of the label, they are
simply truncated. Everything that prints is within the label, but the
characters that would be outside the label are simply missing. The third
line of text is all printed and is exactly where it should be on the label.
In the labels dialog box the text looks fine. If I right-click on each line
and click "paragraph", nothing is out of the ordinary.

Dan

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm trying to print Avery labels in Word 2007. The characters on each
label
are not being placed properly on the label. The first two lines have the
left 2 or 3 characters cut off. The third line is correct. Overall, the
block of text is correctly placed on the label. It's as if the first two
lines have a different margin, one that is too far to the left. I've
tried
Avery 8160 labels and Avery 8167 labels (return address size). The same
thing happens for both, just on a different scale. Any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

The same thing happens for the middle column of labels and the right column
of labels. Those areas are definitely within the printable area. I wish
there was a way to upload a picture of the sheet. It would be so much easier
to see than me trying to describe it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It sounds as if the characters that are being truncated are outside the
printer's printable area.

news

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm trying to print Avery labels in Word 2007. The characters on each
label
are not being placed properly on the label. The first two lines have
the
left 2 or 3 characters cut off. The third line is correct. Overall,
the
block of text is correctly placed on the label. It's as if the first
two
lines have a different margin, one that is too far to the left. I've
tried
Avery 8160 labels and Avery 8167 labels (return address size). The
same
thing happens for both, just on a different scale. Any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Dan is offline

Yes, I thought of that. If I right-click the first line just before printing
the label, the left indent is zero. Is there somewhere else to look?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It sounds as if the characters that are being truncated are outside the
printer's printable area.

news Yes, exactly the same thing happens. This is so hard to describe.

"Dan" wrote in message
I'm trying to print Avery labels in Word 2007. The characters on
each
label
are not being placed properly on the label. The first two lines
have
the
left 2 or 3 characters cut off. The third line is correct.
Overall,
the
block of text is correctly placed on the label. It's as if the
first
two
lines have a different margin, one that is too far to the left.
I've
tried
Avery 8160 labels and Avery 8167 labels (return address size). The
same
thing happens for both, just on a different scale. Any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, but something weird is certainly going on. If you'd like to send me a
sample doc, I'll take a look.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Is the text aligned correctly if you print the "labels" on plain
paper?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my