Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David S[_2_] David S[_2_] is offline

Default I need a template for multipage interlinear translation exercises

I need a template for interlinear translation exercises/projects (e.g. for
Koine Greek to English. The template needs to be able to produce multiple
pages automatically according to the length of the original text (dumped in
from Bible software), while still retaining the correct interlinear format,
with different languages (and possibly fonts) for the respective alternate
lines. (Currently using Word 2000, but may upgrade.)
--
David S
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I doubt that you will find such a thing.

You can probably achieve what you are after by pasting the text into a
document and then save that document as a text (.txt) file, the close it and
re-open it and each line from the original document should now be contained
is a separate paragraph, terminated with a end of paragraph mark ¶. You may
want to modify the margins in the original file so that each of these
paragraphs occupies only one line.

Then use EditReplace to replace ^p with ^p^p that will cause an empty
paragraph to be inserted between each line of text and you can then enter
the translation into those paragraphs.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"David S" wrote in message
I need a template for interlinear translation exercises/projects (e.g. for
Koine Greek to English. The template needs to be able to produce multiple
pages automatically according to the length of the original text (dumped
in
from Bible software), while still retaining the correct interlinear
format,
with different languages (and possibly fonts) for the respective alternate
lines. (Currently using Word 2000, but may upgrade.)
--
David S

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
David S[_2_] David S[_2_] is offline

Default I need a template for multipage interlinear translation exerci

That would be workable, but not convenient. I am now trying overlapping text
boxes. A template like that would not automatically grow, but I could add as
many pre-formatted pages as I need. Inside each text box, the text would
flow as required.
--
David S