Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Marg Marg is offline

Default How do I move a watermark to the bottom of the page?

I would like to insert or move the watermark to the bottom of the page
instead of the center
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:59:47 -0800, Marg wrote:

I would like to insert or move the watermark to the bottom of the page
instead of the center

Double-click in the header area to open it. Right-click the watermark. If it's a
text (WordArt) watermark, the bottom item on the menu is "Format WordArt", or if
it's a picture watermark the item is "Format Picture". Whichever you see, click
it.

In the dialog, choose the Layout tab and then click the Advanced button. In the
bottom half of the next dialog, change the vertical alignment from Center to
Bottom, and click OK in both dialogs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Or you could just drag it.

news
wrote:

I would like to insert or move the watermark to the bottom of the page
instead of the center

Double-click in the header area to open it. Right-click the watermark. If
it's a
text (WordArt) watermark, the bottom item on the menu is "Format WordArt",
or if
it's a picture watermark the item is "Format Picture". Whichever you see,
click
it.

In the dialog, choose the Layout tab and then click the Advanced button.
In the
bottom half of the next dialog, change the vertical alignment from Center
Bottom, and click OK in both dialogs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That's too simple for us geeks. :-)

To be picky about it, dragging will set the vertical alignment to a specific
distance from the top text margin. That usually won't cause any problem, but it
won't automatically adjust to changes in top or bottom margins, page size, or
orientation.

wrote:

I would like to insert or move the watermark to the bottom of the page
instead of the center

Double-click in the header area to open it. Right-click the watermark. If
it's a
text (WordArt) watermark, the bottom item on the menu is "Format WordArt",
or if
it's a picture watermark the item is "Format Picture". Whichever you see,
click
it.

In the dialog, choose the Layout tab and then click the Advanced button.
In the
bottom half of the next dialog, change the vertical alignment from Center
Bottom, and click OK in both dialogs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

[...]