Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shadeybladey Shadeybladey is offline

Default Word 2003 layout

WYSIWYG, WYSIWYG, WYSIWYG!!! Anyone remember that? I always use Word in Print
Layout, SO THAT I CAN SEE WHAT I WILL GET. I utterly despise any other View
type and will have no truck with them and don't want them mentioned in this
thread.

So, for some reason I don't understand (probably due to some update or
other), I cannot see the headers and footers any more - they are hidden.
Microsoft Help is, as usual, 100% accurate but completely irrelevant as
unhide header provides no answer and I can't see anything of any use, worth
or value under Tools/Customise or Tools/Options. This is most disconcerting
as I want the page to look like a page and it is now both suddenly the wrong
size AND the wrong shape.

How do I switch it back to always showing the header and footer BY DEFAULT,
regardless of whether the header and footer are empty or not? I DO NOT WANT
TO HAVE TO CLICK ANYTHING EVERY TIME I START A NEW DOCUMENT. I WANT THE
HEADER AND FOOTER SPACE TO BE SHOWn BY DEFAULT, like it always has been for
the last 15 years.

No excuses, no propaganda about why this rubbish "feature" is better, just
tell me how to turn it back. It's driving me insane.

Many Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.