Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DMS-2008 DMS-2008 is offline

Default Pictures and embedded excel objects are a black box when printed

Hello,

I have seen postings that are similar to my problem, but have not found a
soultion. We are in the process of converting over to Office 2007 (from
2003) and a lot of our Word docs are not behaving. If we open and try to
print a Word 2003 file that has a picture or an embedded Excel oject, all we
get is a solid black box where the picture should be. I tried converting the
file first to .docx, but that did not make a difference. If I re-insert the
picture or re-do the link to the Excel file, it fixes it. Unfortunately we
have thousands of the files, and really don't want (or have time) to re-do
all of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this matter?

You would think it would be an easy conversion from one MS product to another.