Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BennyNdaJetz233 BennyNdaJetz233 is offline

Default Hiding Confidential Content within a Word 2007 Document

Scenario: I create a word document which is basically a Purchase Order Form
that I want to distribute to a number of users. I would like to distribute
this to them via Outlook email.

On the last page of the document/form, there is confidential information
section that I only want my internal user to see pertaining to special
pricing and costs. These users are internal employees of my company.
However, when I send the PO to the Vendor, I do not want them to be able to
see this confidential information. And I do not want to create two separate
documents, one with the confidential content and the other without this
information.

Is there a way to: a.) possibly password protect the document so that when
you type your password, the confidential section is available for those
granted access to seeing this? or b.) somehow create a list of users within
the document that are granted access to seeing this confidential content.

I hope I'm making myself clear? Please let me know if anyone knows how to
do this or through some third party add-on.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

I would suggest that you should delete the confidential information from the
document that you send to Vendor.

Another thing that you could do is have the confidential information
formatted as hidden and in the Print Options dialog, set it so that Hidden
Text is not printed, then print the document to a .pdf printer and send that
to the vendor

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"BennyNdaJetz233" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BennyNdaJetz233 BennyNdaJetz233 is offline

Thanks Doug, so now can you help me figue out how to "format hidden text".
I found the Hidden Text checkoff box in Print Options, however online help
isn't so helpful in showing how to mark text as hidden...

"BennyNdaJetz233" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the text to hide, and either press Ctrl-Shift-H or go to Format
Font and check Hidden.

Note that the one in Print Options tells it to print hidden text,
which isn't what you want!

"BennyNdaJetz233" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Before you get too excited take into consideration that anyone receiving a
copy of the document will be able to reveal the Hidden text by simply
turning on non-printing characters (¶).

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 10:18 AM, in article
, "BennyNdaJetz233"

"BennyNdaJetz233" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But note that Doug's original reply included the instruction to save the doc
as a PDF, which would take care of that.

http://word.mvps.org

.. .

"BennyNdaJetz233" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

But for some reason Doug's reply isn't showing up in the thread, nor is it
quoted in the messages which are showing up :-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/9/09 12:04 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But note that Doug's original reply included the instruction to save the doc
as a PDF, which would take care of that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you viewing it through the Communities? I definitely saw it through NNTP
using Outlook Express.

http://word.mvps.org

.. .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But note that Doug's original reply included the instruction to save the
doc
as a PDF, which would take care of that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For several days now I've been seeing only (the equivalent of) Doug's
reply and not (the equivalent of) Benny's original posting, in almost
all threads (including those where Suzanne gives the first reply).
google groups in the Verizon Yahoo version of IE.

On Mar 9, 3:20*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Are you viewing it through the Communities? I definitely saw it through NNTP
using Outlook Express.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

.. .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

But note that Doug's original reply included the instruction to save the
doc
as a PDF, which would take care of that.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think this problem is related to previous ones in which posts made through
Windows Mail with Community features enabled are not posting.

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message
For several days now I've been seeing only (the equivalent of) Doug's
reply and not (the equivalent of) Benny's original posting, in almost
all threads (including those where Suzanne gives the first reply).
google groups in the Verizon Yahoo version of IE.

On Mar 9, 3:20 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Are you viewing it through the Communities? I definitely saw it through
NNTP
using Outlook Express.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

.. .