Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Thurber Ed Thurber is offline

Default Printing Odd pages on the right.

Hey all;

Need help getting the pages in my duplexed document to print where i want
them. here is the scenario.

Multi page document with cover page that i want to duplex print.

When i click print it places page 1 on the back of the cover page (not where
it should be).

So, I added a section break that starts on the first odd page. looks good
in word. Starts with cover page and 1 blank page in section 1, the rest of
the document, starting on page 1, in section 2. so i click print. what i
get this time is my cover page (blank on the back, yay) then a blank page
with page 1 on the back (w...t...f). i seem to remember that in previous
versions of word, there was a checkbox or something that specified that odd
pages would print on the right side of a book. word would take care of the
rest.

I have had to resort to printing the document in sections (cover page by
itself, then the rest of the ducument without the cover page).

does anyone know how to get my document to print properly???

thanks in advance.

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Check the "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even" option in the Page
Setup dialog box. That should make Word insert filler pages correctly.

To display the Page Setup dialog box:

- Click File | Page Setup (Word 2003).

- On the Page Layout tab, click the dialog launcher button (on the bottom
right) in the Page Setup group (Word 2007).

"Mirror margins" is in the "Multiple pages" list on the Margins tab, and
"Different odd and even" is on the Layout tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ed Thurber" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Thurber Ed Thurber is offline

Stefan:

Thanks for the reply.

Already had the diff odd and even set. Applied the mirror margins and added
a gutter margin. Pages display perfectly on screen (gutter on left side of
odd pages, right side of even pages) but still prints page 1 on the back of
the cover sheet but keeps the gutters as set (binding is on the non-gutter
edge).

any other suggestions?

I did think that it could be an issue with the printer driver, so i printed
it to PDF using the Acrobat Distiller. Acts the same way.

Thanks

Ed

"Ed Thurber" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Thurber Ed Thurber is offline

Still did the same thing.

Except that the auto stapler stapled it on the right side (manga style).
(at least is stapled it in the gutter) ;-}

"Ed Thurber" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ed Thurber Ed Thurber is offline

Yeah, that's where I am too.

Would it be OK if I emailed you the file. maybe you can see something i
missed.

Thanks
Ed