Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Barb G Barb G is offline

Default how do I get indents to do what I want

I am creating a mult choice test and at question 50 the indents changed. I
can't get the answers a. b. c. to be indented the same as questions 1-49.
What happened?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You probably have to adjust the position of the tab stop to accommodate
large numbers (or letters). See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barb G" Barb wrote in message
news
I am creating a mult choice test and at question 50 the indents changed. I
can't get the answers a. b. c. to be indented the same as questions 1-49.
What happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I don't see how that could make a difference between 49 and 50, though.
Usually you'll see a discrepancy between 9 and 10 or 99 and 100, but not
with the same number of digits.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You probably have to adjust the position of the tab stop to accommodate
large numbers (or letters). See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Barb G" Barb wrote in message
news
I am creating a mult choice test and at question 50 the indents changed.
can't get the answers a. b. c. to be indented the same as questions 1-49.
What happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Only the OP can tell what exactly is happening. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I don't see how that could make a difference between 49 and 50, though.
Usually you'll see a discrepancy between 9 and 10 or 99 and 100, but not
with the same number of digits.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You probably have to adjust the position of the tab stop to accommodate
large numbers (or letters). See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

tab and indents jo Page Layout 0 November 3rd 08 03:13 PM
First line indents St.John Page Layout 1 September 2nd 08 01:41 AM
Indents jfg Page Layout 2 March 29th 07 09:14 PM
Indents for quotes SteveH Page Layout 3 March 16th 07 12:17 PM
Indents are different in 97 vs 2003 Mr. Smith Microsoft Word Help 0 November 28th 06 06:08 AM