Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim in Houston Tim in Houston is offline

Default How do I make the scroll bar appear

All of a sudden (sure I did nothing wrong, yeah right)my scroll bar has
disappeared in Word 97. The help is totally worthless in this regard. How do
I get the scroll bar back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim in Houston[_2_] Tim in Houston[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne. The Tools ribbon does not appear at the top of my 2007 Word.
How can I get it back there.

PS I used to live in Daphne off of Captain O'Neal.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View.

"Tim in Houston" Tim in wrote in message
All of a sudden (sure I did nothing wrong, yeah right)my scroll bar has
disappeared in Word 97. The help is totally worthless in this regard. How
do
I get the scroll bar back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You specified Word 97, which has a Tools menu. If you actually have 2007,
that is a horse of a different color! My understanding is that the
horizontal scroll bar is not displayed in Word 2007 unless it is needed.
(Interestingly, it shows up at 146% Zoom for me, even though I can still see
the edges of the paper at that size.) The vertical scroll bar should be
displayed in all views, however. Find the setting at Office Button | Word
Options | Advanced: Display.

Why did you move from Daphne? I lived in Houston 1955-56, and my daughter
lived there fifty years later.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View.

"Tim in Houston" Tim in wrote in
message
All of a sudden (sure I did nothing wrong, yeah right)my scroll bar has
disappeared in Word 97. The help is totally worthless in this regard.
How
do
I get the scroll bar back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim in Houston[_2_] Tim in Houston[_2_] is offline

Sorry, I hit 9 instead of 0 for 07 Word. We lived in Daphne 2 years and
mobile for 6. I got tranferred to New Orleans(yuk to live there) then
overseas(middle east) Houston, The Netherlands, Middle east, China, Houston
and been here 12 years now. We just built a custom home on an acre so this
is about as close as we will ever get to Daphne again. We loved it there,

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View.

"Tim in Houston" Tim in wrote in
message
All of a sudden (sure I did nothing wrong, yeah right)my scroll bar has
disappeared in Word 97. The help is totally worthless in this regard.
How
do
I get the scroll bar back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

My daughter and her husband started in Oslo (he'd previously been in
Houston), then moved (back) to Houston, and now is in England. Ironically,
when they were in Oslo, he was on a ship in the Gulf of Mexico (with office
in Oslo); when they moved back to Houston, he was working in the Indian
Ocean, with office in Kuala Lumpur (go figure). Now, thank goodness, he's
land-based, with an office at Gatwick.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View.

"Tim in Houston" Tim in wrote in
message
All of a sudden (sure I did nothing wrong, yeah right)my scroll bar
has
disappeared in Word 97. The help is totally worthless in this
regard.
How
do
I get the scroll bar back again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes, he's in oil exploration for Schlumberger. He graduated from MIT in 2000
and was a seismic engineer until he got the job in England; he's now Marine
Staffing Manager. From your itinerary I gathered you might be in the oil
industry as well?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My daughter and her husband started in Oslo (he'd previously been in
Houston), then moved (back) to Houston, and now are in England.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Tools | Options | View.

"Tim in Houston" Tim in wrote