Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul Yang Paul Yang is offline

Default Use 3 Paper trays

I need to use 3 different paper trays for printing out the Word 2007
document. Tray 1: manual tray with envelope feeder, Tray 2: regular letter,
and Tray 3: letterhead paper. My setting is -- first page uses Tray 3, rest
pages use Tray 2, but the last page uses tray 1 for envelope. However, I
still can't find the way to do it. Please help me. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paul Yang[_2_] Paul Yang[_2_] is offline

This file is exporting from our database but generates as a Microsoft Word
file. Therefore, the setting is ready to print by our printer. However, it
is still not working after contacting HP for printer's setup. So, please
tell me step by step. Thanks.

Paul

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The envelope will necessarily be in its own section (since it's a different
paper size); you can set paper trays separately for each section.

"Paul Yang" Paul wrote in message

I need to use 3 different paper trays for printing out the Word 2007
document. Tray 1: manual tray with envelope feeder, Tray 2: regular
letter,
and Tray 3: letterhead paper. My setting is -- first page uses Tray 3,
rest
pages use Tray 2, but the last page uses tray 1 for envelope. However, I
still can't find the way to do it. Please help me. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is a mail merge, you should set up the mail merge main document
correctly. In any Word file, you can go to the Paper tab of Page Setup and
set the tray for "First page" and "Other pages" for either "Whole document"
or "This section."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The envelope will necessarily be in its own section (since it's a
different
paper size); you can set paper trays separately for each section.

"Paul Yang" Paul wrote in message

I need to use 3 different paper trays for printing out the Word 2007
document. Tray 1: manual tray with envelope feeder, Tray 2: regular
letter,
and Tray 3: letterhead paper. My setting is -- first page uses Tray 3,
rest
pages use Tray 2, but the last page uses tray 1 for envelope. However,
still can't find the way to do it. Please help me. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Mail merges often lose their way with printer tray allocations. You *may*
have better luck merging to a new document and using the following macro
from fellow Word MVP Doug Robbins to print each section as a separate job

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()
Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
counter = 1
While counter Letters
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _