Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Boss98 Boss98 is offline

Default Unable to open docx document created using dot template in MS Word

I create templates using Word 2003 (.dot). If I use those templates and save
the file as .docx I got no problems. However if I try to open one of those
files saved as .docx, I get an "Unspecified error Location: Part:
/word/document.xml, Line:2: 5238".

It also happens that some of those templates are password protected and if I
try to rename them as zip file, when I go to view them, the values are
encrypted.
The problem just start in March 09. I though could be related to a MS patch
but I did not install any one lately.

Anyone any ideas.... help.......

It could take time but can be done.