Jason

Default Word Document has grown HUGE

Hello:

I created a Word document (actually using the Mac version of Office 2004)
and sent it to someone (PC user.) This document is about three pages of text
only, no graphic, save a header. The document when it left my computer was
about 137k. There were a few comments in it as well.

My colleague added some changes with the track changes feature. We're not
talking anything substantial, and the document is still only three pages. He
even removed the header, because the file size had gotten so large. It is now
4.3 Megs.

Why? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jason
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmFzb24=?=,

I created a Word document (actually using the Mac version of Office 2004)
and sent it to someone (PC user.) This document is about three pages of text
only, no graphic, save a header. The document when it left my computer was
about 137k. There were a few comments in it as well.

My colleague added some changes with the track changes feature. We're not
talking anything substantial, and the document is still only three pages. He
even removed the header, because the file size had gotten so large. It is now
4.3 Megs.

Most likely, there's some structural damage in the document. This could have
been already present when you handed it over, or it may have something to do
with the MAC doc being opened on the PC.

See if copying all but the last paragraph mark to a new document makes any
difference?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Jason

Actually, the solution was pretty easy. I just "saved as" (the exact same
document) and the new version was 58k....so somehow the resave fixed the
problem.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Hi ?B?SmFzb24=?=,