Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Me2Ewe Me2Ewe is offline

Default Normal?

Perhaps one of you genius types could shed some light my way. I have f PC's
running with word 2003. On one of them I have the toolbar set up with what I
want and how I want. Is there a way to get the same on all the computers. Is
the Normal folder for that purpose. whereand how do I go about making all
the PC;'s the same.
Thanks for any help if there is any
Bruce

--
[When it says Thanks Bruce at the bottom; I am not thanking Bruce, I am
Bruce]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:32:36 -0400, "Me2Ewe"
wrote:

Perhaps one of you genius types could shed some light my way. I have f PC's
running with word 2003. On one of them I have the toolbar set up with what I
want and how I want. Is there a way to get the same on all the computers. Is
the Normal folder for that purpose. whereand how do I go about making all
the PC;'s the same.
Thanks for any help if there is any
Bruce

Excellent question. I'd like to know how to do that, too.

Is there an easy way to copy all custom settings (toolbars including
custom icons, keyboard shortcuts, macros, etc.) from one PC to
another?

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Recommended reading:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/a...osoft_word.htm
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
wrote:

Perhaps one of you genius types could shed some light my way. I have f
PC's
running with word 2003. On one of them I have the toolbar set up with what
want and how I want. Is there a way to get the same on all the computers.
Is
the Normal folder for that purpose. whereand how do I go about making all
the PC;'s the same.
Thanks for any help if there is any
Bruce

Excellent question. I'd like to know how to do that, too.

Is there an easy way to copy all custom settings (toolbars including
custom icons, keyboard shortcuts, macros, etc.) from one PC to
another?

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson Tom Ferguson is offline

I believe you can simply copy normal.dot, the normal document template,
from the installation of Word which has the setup you want to the other
installations. It is best if Word is not running when you do this.
However, I have been wrong before. I am not certain if that setting is
influenced by normal.dot. It might be determined by a registry setting.
If the latter, one could write a VBA script to make the change and run
it on the other computers.

Hopefully someone can offer better assistance.

When you said, "Thanks for any help if there is any Bruce", you said
something what means that you are thanking persons or person unknown for
any help that is offered if Bruce exists. One might infer that you are
not thanking for any help if Bruce does not exist.. gdr

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell User

"Me2Ewe" wrote in message
Perhaps one of you genius types could shed some light my way. I have f
PC's running with word 2003. On one of them I have the toolbar set up
with what I want and how I want. Is there a way to get the same on all
the computers. Is the Normal folder for that purpose. whereand how do
I go about making all the PC;'s the same.
Thanks for any help if there is any
Bruce

--
[When it says Thanks Bruce at the bottom; I am not thanking Bruce, I
am Bruce]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

"Tom Ferguson" wrote in message
When you said, "Thanks for any help if there is any Bruce", you said
something what means that you are thanking persons or person unknown for
any help that is offered if Bruce exists. One might infer that you are not
thanking for any help if Bruce does not exist.. gdr

Did Rumsfeld write that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

OMG. Too funny!! Or sad. Depends on how you look at it!
****************************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"Aalaan" wrote in message

"Tom Ferguson" wrote in message
When you said, "Thanks for any help if there is any Bruce", you said
something what means that you are thanking persons or person unknown for
any help that is offered if Bruce exists. One might infer that you are
not thanking for any help if Bruce does not exist.. gdr

Did Rumsfeld write that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I really wouldn't recommend normal.dot for that sort of use. What you should
do is to save all these customizations into a template that is placed in the
Word Startup folder. Anything saved in this template (toolbars, AutoText,
Macros, Styles, etc.) will then be globally available to the user.

SO create a blank template. Open the Organizer and copy across all the
customised stuff from Normal into the new template. Save the template and
then install it into each Word Startup folder. (You can find Word's Startup
folder or change the Startup folder under Tools, Options, File Locations.)
If you have a server, you can create a Workgroup Start Folder and change
Word Startup location to point to the server folder. That makes it easier to
change and update customisations that need to be shared globally.

Terry Farrell

wrote:

Perhaps one of you genius types could shed some light my way. I have f
PC's
running with word 2003. On one of them I have the toolbar set up with what
want and how I want. Is there a way to get the same on all the computers.
Is
the Normal folder for that purpose. whereand how do I go about making all
the PC;'s the same.
Thanks for any help if there is any
Bruce

Excellent question. I'd like to know how to do that, too.

Is there an easy way to copy all custom settings (toolbars including
custom icons, keyboard shortcuts, macros, etc.) from one PC to
another?

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:54:26 -0300, "Tom Ferguson"
wrote:

If so, not recently.

Strike Two

--