crosscaz40

Default I have lost my serial number for word how can I restart.

I have had to restore my computer and now find that when I try to bring up
word I am faced with a sign on screen which asks for my serial number from
the jewel case that my program came in. I do not have this as word was
already installed when i bought the computer. The programme is already on the
screen but in faded print and it cannot be used. I am a novice so can anyone
provide an idiot proof answer? Thanks

If Word came preinstalled, then the vendor was required to provide the
software on CD (which he evidently did, since you were able to reinstall
it). Somewhere in the envelope or folder or binder in which you found that
CD you will also find a Certificate of Authenticity that has the CD key you
need.