Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Australia1

Default Default language setting problem

I live in Australia and as such am forever having to add words to the Office
dictionary that are spelled differently in Australia (and the UK, New
Zealand, South Africa and various other English speaking countries for that
matter) and having to constantly change the 'default' language setting to
English (Australia) every time I open a new document. Is there no way to
change my default language for all new word documents from English (US)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See the instructions in the article at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Australia1" wrote in message
I live in Australia and as such am forever having to add words to

the Office
dictionary that are spelled differently in Australia (and the UK,

New
Zealand, South Africa and various other English speaking countries

for that
matter) and having to constantly change the 'default' language

setting to
English (Australia) every time I open a new document. Is there no

way to
change my default language for all new word documents from English

(US)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thangam

I am having the same problem and have been driven mad by it for years. If
you get any answers, I would be glad to know! If I get any for mine - see
below for first ones - i will pass them on to you as well. Good luck.
Strangely reassuring to hear it isn't just me.

"Australia1" wrote:

I live in Australia and as such am forever having to add words to the Office
dictionary that are spelled differently in Australia (and the UK, New
Zealand, South Africa and various other English speaking countries for that
matter) and having to constantly change the 'default' language setting to
English (Australia) every time I open a new document. Is there no way to
change my default language for all new word documents from English (US)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Thangam

Follow the link that Stefan provided
(http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.)

Once you get Windows, Office and Word all lined up using the same language,
life becomes much more straight forward.

I've got my machine set up to use Australian English only, and the only time
I ever see US English is when I paste from someone else's document, or from
a web page that is specifically set up in US English.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word