chbeery

Default Using the number sign (#) in hyperlinks

I've tried to create multiple hyperlinks in Word 2003 that contain number
signs (#). These hyperlinks are to files in our internal network and pages
on our internal website. In both cases, when I click on the link, Word 2003
is unable to handle the hyperlink. It gives me the following error message
(where url is the name of our internal home page): "Unable to open
http://url/home.asp?level_1=2854&level_296%23level_2_96. Cannot download the
information you requested."

The actual hyperlink reads:
http://url/home.asp?level_1=2854&level_2=96#level_2_96

When I try to link to a file that has a number sign, I get the error
message: "Cannot open the specified file."

I'm able to create links to other web pages and files successfully. It's
just the ones with number signs in them that give me problems.

I can't find this problem documented anywhere in the online help or in
Microsoft's knowledge base. Has anyone else run across it? Are there any
workarounds?

Thanks for any information you can pass my way.

CHBeery

How to link or embed objects in Word

Microsoft KnowledgeBase is another excellent resource for finding answers to
your difficult qusstions. Below is the Advanced Search site. Did not read;
hope it has answers for you. Came up as first result in the search string.

Be careful which checkboxes you choose to limit your results.
madamx

"chbeery" wrote:

[...]

How about this one - difference between using relative and absolute
hyperlinks.
This time I did a search on "hyperlinks" and came up with more options.
Good luck!
--
madamx