lglbgl

Default Footers

How can I get the initial inserted # from a footer to come up automatically
in supersript. The footer, itself, is in supersript, but the # inserted by
my text I am referencing is not.
Daiya Mitchell

Well, that's a footnote, *not* a footer. And I'm not entirely sure I
understood the rest of the question correctly, but he

Formatting for the numbers in the text and the footnote are controlled by
the style Footnote Reference. The text in the footnote is controlled by the
style Footnote Text.

Check the style definitions to make sure the settings for superscript are
correct, or modify the styles as necessary. You don't mention your version
so I can't tell you exactly how to check a style definition, but this may
help (Method 1, not 2)
http://shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ModifyAStyle.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Suddenly Normal.dot in Recently used file list & Paragraph marks in Headers & Footers? Eric G Microsoft Word Help 2 October 12th 05 03:51 PM
Problems with Heades and Footers Lawrin Walker Microsoft Word Help 0 September 14th 05 06:06 PM
Uneven Footers Waking Page Layout 2 June 19th 05 05:20 AM
Doc Template & headers and footers Linda G Microsoft Word Help 2 June 17th 05 11:42 PM
Footers - How can I display the file path. Alistair Glover New Users 1 February 16th 05 02:14 PM