JamesR

Default Can I record a macro to turn protection OFF?

I am using Word 2000. My macro capability currently is limited to the macro
recording feature. I have a protected form that includes a table. One column
needs to be summed. My macro to sum the column works fine, until I turn
protection back on.
When I attempt to record the macro again and Turn OFF protection, the macro
recording is stopped.
Can this onle be accomplished with teh VBA or VBScript method of writing a
macro? Or is there a way to record this process?
Shauna Kelly

Hi JamesR

Would the following help?
How to change the behaviour of Word's document protection, so users'
formfields don't get reset when they unprotect and reprotect
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...lfResetOff.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"JamesR" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000. My macro capability currently is limited to the macro
recording feature. I have a protected form that includes a table. One
column
needs to be summed. My macro to sum the column works fine, until I turn
protection back on.
When I attempt to record the macro again and Turn OFF protection, the
macro
recording is stopped.
Can this onle be accomplished with teh VBA or VBScript method of writing a
macro? Or is there a way to record this process?

Graham Mayor

You don't need a macro to sum fields - use REF fields in conjunction with a
formula field and set the properties of the form fields to calculate on
exit. e.g {=({Ref Text1}+{Ref Text2}+{Ref Text3})}

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Macro for a button to turn on and off First Letter capitalization SteveK New Users 2 March 17th 05 09:59 PM
Running document macro from server Intravler New Users 0 March 4th 05 04:33 AM
Save As is not working due to macro security settings Craig Meritz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 03:53 AM
2000 to 2002 macro and "Could not open macro storage" Art Farrell Mailmerge 1 December 6th 04 12:40 PM