scj

Default bix red X in jpg files always

I work in mac platform. Some of the things I design need to be saved as jpg
in order to be placed in a word document. People in my office work on pc
platform and when they insert my jpgs, there are always " A BIG RED X".
Truly, I don't know what to do. I always spend too much time trying to
resaved the jpgs file sometime I have to go back to photoshop 5 times until
luckly my jpgs appear in a word document for pc platform. Pleeease help me to
find and answer!!! or the solution of this nightmare.

Thanks!

sandra juarez
senior art director
Grayton Company
4043 Maple Road, Suite 204
Amherst, NY 14226
ph 716.835.5041
fx 835.9738
Daiya Mitchell

[cross-posting to MacWord group for extra input, though I can't actually
tell if Word for the Mac is ever involved in this process]

So, you create jpgs in Photoshop on the Mac, but when people try to use the
jpgs in Word on Windows, all they see is an X? Is that right? Your post is
not entirely clear.

Are they copying and pasting the jpgs, drag and drop, or using Insert
Picture from File?

How do the jpgs get from your Mac to their PC?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Did we eliminate the colour depth problem?

Did we check that the files are actually accessible to the PC Users?

Microsoft Office applications will not handle colour greater than 24 bit
(RGB) standard. Graphics applications can create CMYK JPEGs (32-bit or
48-bit) and if they do, earlier versions of PC Office applications cannot
display them.

The Red X also means "The file is unavailable". Which it will be unless the
JPEGs are saved on a disk drive somewhere accessible. Users who try to
insert the JPEGs directly from their email program will get this problem
that as soon as they close the email, the JPEGs they inserted in their
documents are deleted from the mailer's temporary storage so the inserted
picture displays a red X.

Teach the users to save the JPEGs to a folder on the network before
inserting them into documents.

Hope this helps

On 10/20/05 12:21 PM, "scj" wrote:

I work in mac platform. Some of the things I design need to be saved as jpg
in order to be placed in a word document. People in my office work on pc
platform and when they insert my jpgs, there are always " A BIG RED X".
Truly, I don't know what to do. I always spend too much time trying to
resaved the jpgs file sometime I have to go back to photoshop 5 times until
luckly my jpgs appear in a word document for pc platform. Pleeease help me to
find and answer!!! or the solution of this nightmare.

Thanks!

sandra juarez
senior art director
Grayton Company
4043 Maple Road, Suite 204
Amherst, NY 14226
ph 716.835.5041
fx 835.9738

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 4 1209 1410

How do I open multiple Word 2003 files to display on dual monitors mally Microsoft Word Help 6 July 4th 05 11:00 AM
Files open as read only Danny Sanders Microsoft Word Help 2 March 7th 05 11:27 PM
Upgrading MS Office caused Word Docs to DISAPPEAR?! Friendship Center New Users 6 January 27th 05 09:56 PM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 08:17 AM
RECOVER Temp FILES from CD-RW Kimla Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 02:59 PM