IAMJAS

Default Mail merge using Mr & Mrs. John Doe and then Dear John & Carol

I am trying to do a mial merge from Outlook to Word. Microsoft Office is
what I am using.

I want the letter to look like this.

Mr. & Mrs. John Doe
123 Anywhere Street
Anywhere, NJ 08080

Dear John and Carol:

I am having difficulty getting the John and Carol part of it into the merge.

Any help muchly appreciated.

You must have fields in your data source that provide this information. In
the example you cite, in addition to the First Name, Last Name, Title,
Address1, City, State, ZIP, etc., you would also have to have a Salutation
field that provides the first names. You then insert the merge fields as
required.

"IAMJAS" wrote in message
I am trying to do a mial merge from Outlook to Word. Microsoft Office is
what I am using.

I want the letter to look like this.

Mr. & Mrs. John Doe
123 Anywhere Street
Anywhere, NJ 08080

Dear John and Carol:

I am having difficulty getting the John and Carol part of it into the

merge.

Any help muchly appreciated.

IAMJAS

Dear Suzanne:
thank you for your response. I can get everything but I cannot get the "and
Carol" part into the salutation. This is what has me stumped. There is
something I am not doing right.
IAMJAS

"IAMJAS" wrote:

I am trying to do a mial merge from Outlook to Word. Microsoft Office is
what I am using.

I want the letter to look like this.

Mr. & Mrs. John Doe
123 Anywhere Street
Anywhere, NJ 08080

Dear John and Carol:

I am having difficulty getting the John and Carol part of it into the merge.

Any help muchly appreciated.

You must have a Salutation data field that contains the text "John and
Carol." Alternatively, if you already have data fields that contain both
names (and if every salutation will contain two names) you can insert merge
fields for the two first-name data fields, separated by "and."