RBarclay

Default Word send as attachment in Outlook Express not available

On one of my computers running XP the option to send a word doc (Office XP
2000) as an attachment is not available - instead the document is embedded in
an e-mail (presumably as HTML). I have ticked the "send as attachment" box in
options in Word. Any suggestions?
--
RBarclay
RBarclay

Actually, I found the solution in one of the other posts, which is to amend
the win.ini file in the Windows directory to read:
MAPI=1
CMC=1
CMCDLLNAME=mapi.dll
CMCDLLNAME32=mapi32.dll
MAPIX=1
MAPIXVER=1.0.0.1
OLEMessaging=1
(it only has "MAPI=1 before I amended it).
Anyone know why that should have occurred? I had tried repairing/reloading
Office - but it didn't fix itself.

"RBarclay" wrote:

On one of my computers running XP the option to send a word doc (Office XP
2000) as an attachment is not available - instead the document is embedded in
an e-mail (presumably as HTML). I have ticked the "send as attachment" box in
options in Word. Any suggestions?
--
RBarclay

Graham Mayor

Outlook Express is not part of Office which is intended to use Outlook for
messaging. This is a workaround.

"RBarclay" wrote:

On one of my computers running XP the option to send a word doc
(Office XP 2000) as an attachment is not available - instead the
document is embedded in an e-mail (presumably as HTML). I have
ticked the "send as attachment" box in options in Word. Any
suggestions? --
RBarclay

How do I create a Word form like corel WP merge documents? dlee_at_mmsgov Microsoft Word Help 2 October 8th 05 06:29 AM
Send To in Word (XP) Launches OE instead of Outlook DangerRuss Microsoft Word Help 5 October 1st 05 03:34 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
option send to e-mail address (as attachment) unavailable NotAnExpert Microsoft Word Help 1 April 20th 05 03:36 PM