jo

Default Print Preview of Document

I have a word document with a border around it. When I print, the bottom of
the border does not show up. It will not show up in print preview either.
When I use another PC there is no problem, so I know it's not a document
problem. Any Suggestions. Thanks
garfield-n-odie

This is a limitation of the currently selected or default
printer. Most printers have some amount of nonprintable area
along each edge of the page. In print preview, Word shows you
how much of the page will print according to the information
given to Word by the printer driver. The border is probably too
close to the bottom edge of the page and is partly in the
nonprintable area.

How did you insert the border? If you created a page border
using the Format-BordersAndShading menu, then click on Options
in that menu and either increase the "from edge" measurement or
decrease the "from text" measurement until the border prints. If
you inserted a clipart border, then click on the clipart border
and resize it.