Camel

Default How do I page number a divided page

I have put my document on landscape and divided the page in two. Now I wish
to page number each half. I can not seem to so it with a header because it
numbers both halves as 1 page whereas I want each half numbered differently.
I have several pages to number so i would rather do it automaticly rather
than have to type each number myself

Thank you

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/Print2Pages.htm. But if you have
Word 2000 or above, you would do much better to use the "2 pages per sheet"
option in the Page Setup dialog (not the one in the Print dialog), which
allows you to treat logical pages in the ordinary way (numbering,
header/footer, page border, etc.) but just puts two of them on a sheet.

"Camel" wrote in message
I have put my document on landscape and divided the page in two. Now I

wish
to page number each half. I can not seem to so it with a header because it
numbers both halves as 1 page whereas I want each half numbered

differently.
I have several pages to number so i would rather do it automaticly rather
than have to type each number myself

Thank you

Doug Robbins

Use the following field construction for the page number on the first page
on the sheet

{ = 2 * { page } - 1 }

and on the second page use

{ = 2 * { page } }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { } and Alt+F9
to toggle them off. It may be necessary to update the fields in the
document (Use Print Preview) to get the results of the calculation to be
displayed.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP