Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jaykay

Default Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP)

Some rows in a particular table have a problem with all their cells. The
vertical space available for entering text will not expand above about 1/8"
despite any changes I make in (a) row height, (b) interior cell margins, (c)
font size, (d) 'expand to fit contents' feature and (e) text alignment within
cells, either vertical or horizontal. I don't know whether the following has
anything to do with the problem:- the table in question has been converted
from WordPerfect 8 format. The existing rows of cells converted without this
problem, but all the new rows I've inserted do have the problem, whether I
insert using the Tables drop-down menu or insert by clicking in the bottom
right hand cell of the table. I haven't had this problem with tables created
from scratch in Word, so -- is this something that can be attributed to the
table's WordPerfect origin? Thanks in advance for any ideas. Jaykay

Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Word 2003 Table AutoFormat vs Macro vs VBA Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 1 October 28th 04 03:14 PM