Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sulu Sulu is offline

Default Need a scratch pad for sentence composition inside Word.

Hi!
I'm a fiction writer and I use Microsoft Word primarily to compose my prose.
I find myself often going to Notepad (alongside Word) in order work on a
specific sentence's composition. It would be nice if Word had a scratch pad
feature for this purpose. I like to experiment with my words and sentence
structure before taking the finished sentence and adding it to my work in
progress. Please let me know if there is such a feature. I tried making a new
Word document to use as a scratch pad, but it doesn't work at all well. I
need the writing contained in the writing environment, which I could get if
there was a little scratchpad plugin, or something like that, inside Word,
instead of a separate application, you know, like the different dockable
panes inside Visual Studio.

Thanks for the opportunity to make a suggestion!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Take a look at OneNote
http://www.microsoft.com/office/onen...o/default.mspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx

"Sulu" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sulu Sulu is offline

The problem with OneNote is that it is an application running outside of Word
and not in the Word window. (Please correct me if I'm mistaken.) I was able
to write a macro this morning that does what I described. However, I think
Microsoft's capable (of course) of making it into a wonderful feature, if
they wanted to.
Thank you for the suggestion!
-Su

"Sulu" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You could create a UserForm with a multiline text box and a command button
that when you were finished with composing the sentence would insert it into
the document at the location of the cursor. You could have a key
combination or a button on the toolbar call the userform to facilitate its
use.

While the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

Does not address exactly what you want to do, it should show you how to get
started. Post back if you need more specific assistance.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Sulu" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's hard for me to understand how any application aside from Word would be
needed or desirable. The whole idea of a word processor is to allow one
flexibility in adding, deleting, rearranging, etc., not just to create
perfect, finished compositions.

"Sulu" wrote in message
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the

"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then