Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
VicOfNick VicOfNick is offline

Default Cannot Insert Page Numbers

I've been using Office 2007 to create a 70 page document.
After upgrading to the technical refresh, I cannot insert headers with page
numbers.
When I try, I get the error message "Cannot open BuildingBlocks.dotx"
What's up with that? And what do I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can get around it by opening either the header or footer (depending upon
where you want the numbers to appear) and either enter the field codes from
the keyboard of via the Quick Parts item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"VicOfNick" wrote in message
I've been using Office 2007 to create a 70 page document.
After upgrading to the technical refresh, I cannot insert headers with
page
numbers.
When I try, I get the error message "Cannot open BuildingBlocks.dotx"
What's up with that? And what do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VmljT2ZOaWNr?=,

I've been using Office 2007 to create a 70 page document.
After upgrading to the technical refresh, I cannot insert headers with page
numbers.
When I try, I get the error message "Cannot open BuildingBlocks.dotx"
What's up with that? And what do I do?

Look for this file on your system (it should be under your Windows Profile's
application data). Rename it and move it to another, non-Office folder. Now
start Word; it should generate a "clean copy" of the file.

There were some structural changes in the XML formats across the various beta
releases, making some documents unreadable in the newest build. More
information can be found at pschmid.net

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org