Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roboman Roboman is offline

Default Changing an existing "Letter" doc to "A4" doc without Word app war

I have typed up a lengthy document in Word which contains text and file
inserts e.g. photos/pictures. The page setup paper settings were set to
"Letter" but have since been told I need to use "A4". If I highlight the
entire document and then try to change the setting to A4, I get the following
message..........."Settings you chose for the left and right margins, column
spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some
sections".

How do I establish exactly where the problem lies as I have a completely
formatted document. Is there a simple way to rectify this problem. Please
advise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Roboman Roboman is offline

Default Changing an existing "Letter" doc to "A4" doc without Word app

Hello Suzanne
Thanks for your help. It worked perfectly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help. This is one of those truly bizarre glitches in Word that
someone else figured out; the rest of us merely benefit from his/her
research.

"Roboman" wrote in message
Hello Suzanne
Thanks for your help. It worked perfectly.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
doublew doublew is offline

Hi - I want to do the same thing (i.e. change page from Letter to A4, but
keep getting the same error message Roboman got). However, some of my text
IS already formatted into columns and I don't want to lose this formatting.
How can I change the page size?

"Roboman" wrote in message
I have typed up a lengthy document in Word which contains text and file
inserts e.g. photos/pictures. The page setup paper settings were set to
"Letter" but have since been told I need to use "A4". If I highlight the
entire document and then try to change the setting to A4, I get the

following
message..........."Settings you chose for the left and right margins,

column
spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some
sections".

How do I establish exactly where the problem lies as I have a completely
formatted document. Is there a simple way to rectify this problem. Please
advise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The purpose of clicking the One preset is to force Word to check the "Equal
column width" box. You can do this on a per-section basis if needed; the box
should be available in your multi-column sections but is grayed out in
single-column sections, hence the use of the One preset to check it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if

1
column is already selected), then click OK. Then try again.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Roboman" wrote in message
I have typed up a lengthy document in Word which contains text and

file
inserts e.g. photos/pictures. The page setup paper settings were set

"Letter" but have since been told I need to use "A4". If I highlight

the
entire document and then try to change the setting to A4, I get the

following
message..........."Settings you chose for the left and right margins,

column
spacing, or paragraph indents are too large for the page width in some
sections".

How do I establish exactly where the problem lies as I have a

completely
formatted document. Is there a simple way to rectify this problem.

Please
advise

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

The Viper HD is also built to last, with a rugged, waterproof construction that can stand up to the toughest outdoor conditions. best vortex binoculars