Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lgarner216 lgarner216 is offline

Default Toolbar

My dictionary icon keeps disappearing from my toolbar. I will use the Word
program for weeks, and then, all of a sudden, it's just gone!! I haven't
changed a thing, I don't understand why it keeps going away! Last time I
ended up having to do a system restore to get it back, I couldn't get it back
no matter what I did with the toolbar. I don't want to have to redo my whole
toolbar again, I just want my dictionary back! Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Don't use it myself, but IIRC, this is a very well documented bug that has
yet to be fixed... In fact, you're one of the lucky ones. For most it
doesn't work even when it sticks around

You might consider using the Research Task Pane instead or just Rt-Click the
word in question & select Lookup from the shortcut menu.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones