Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Kelly Dan Kelly is offline

Default Multi-page templates

Is it possible to have different templates for different pages of a document.

We want to be able to create a template which has 3 different page types (at
least):

1. Full text (5 columns)
2. Text (3 columns) + images (2 columns)
3. Full page images

Is there a resonable way of creating this as a single template or do I need
to create a macro on page one, attached to a button, that inserts a page of
type 2 or 3 in the appropriate place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You'll need to set up a template that has at least three pages and includes
some section breaks and expect to encounter problems unless users are well
trained. Note that Word can't do full-page wrapped images; they must be
anchored to a text paragraph on the same page. One approach is to put the
image in a single table cell the size of the page, but you won't be able to
wrap text around it.

"Dan Kelly" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different templates for different pages of a

document.

We want to be able to create a template which has 3 different page types

(at
least):

1. Full text (5 columns)
2. Text (3 columns) + images (2 columns)
3. Full page images

Is there a resonable way of creating this as a single template or do I

need
to create a macro on page one, attached to a button, that inserts a page

of
type 2 or 3 in the appropriate place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dan Kelly Dan Kelly is offline

Thanks

Hopefully the users for this template should be reasonablby trained

OK, so each page of the template is different - 1 for each of the required
pages mentioned in the original question.

How do I select the appropriate template when I need a further page.
Furthermore, how do I get Word to ask me which page I want to add when I hit
the bottom of the page?

"Dan Kelly" wrote in message
Is it possible to have different templates for different pages of a

document.

We want to be able to create a template which has 3 different page types

(at
least):

1. Full text (5 columns)
2. Text (3 columns) + images (2 columns)
3. Full page images

Is there a resonable way of creating this as a single template or do I

need
to create a macro on page one, attached to a button, that inserts a page

of
type 2 or 3 in the appropriate place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hi Dan -

Docs are based on *A* template. You can construct the template as a 3 page
file. The variable layout will require the use of section breaks & you might
do well to use tables or text boxes for the images to be inserted into...
perhaps for the text as well unless you need newspaper-type columns.

This article by MVP Dian Chapman primarily pertains to newsletters, but
based on your description much of it may very well be useful to you:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=216
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones