Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LeahT LeahT is offline

Default HELP!! Locked out of document

The other day I upgraded to the new Office Suite 2007...now I can't unlock
forms that I created! Does anyone know how to get back into these documents
so I can work on them!?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

On the Review tab, click Protect Document and then click Restrict Formatting
and Edting. This should display a task pane you can use to remove/set
protection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"LeahT" wrote in message
The other day I upgraded to the new Office Suite 2007...now I can't unlock
forms that I created! Does anyone know how to get back into these
documents
so I can work on them!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"LeahT" wrote:

The other day I upgraded to the new Office Suite 2007...now I can't unlock
forms that I created! Does anyone know how to get back into these documents
so I can work on them!?

More details would be useful...

Do you mean that you are only locked out of documents you created as forms
AND that were password protected? Or, they were not password protected, just
locked, but you still cannot access them for editing?

Are you locked out of all documents?

Are there any error messages popping up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Beth Melton" wrote:

On the Review tab, click Protect Document and then click Restrict Formatting
and Edting. This should display a task pane you can use to remove/set
protection.

Good one, you are probably right...
I thought the poster knew how to unlock, but that somehow it was not
working! This is why I was confused as to what was exactly happening!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote in message
"Beth Melton" wrote:

On the Review tab, click Protect Document and then click Restrict
Formatting
and Edting. This should display a task pane you can use to remove/set
protection.

Good one, you are probably right...
I thought the poster knew how to unlock, but that somehow it was not
working! This is why I was confused as to what was exactly happening!

It's just a guess, I'm still not sure, but it was based on a LOT of
confusion around the Protect Document command. :-)

I think the confusion lies in how MS chose to add IRM to the Protect
Document button. Combine that with the fact that the Protect Document button
works differently depending on the Office Suite you have installed. So those
who aren't using Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate, Microsoft Office 2007
Enterprise, or Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus, can just click
Protect Document and the task pane will display and not realize there is a
difference if using another suite. The problem with simply adding another
button for IRM was...????

(I've been tempted to start compiling questions like this and sending them
to the parties who helped make the decision. g)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sri[_2_] Sri[_2_] is offline

Can someone tell me how can i unlock form created in 2003 and
currently am using 2007

Pls help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unprotect the document?
Try adding the lock command to the QAT from the all commands group. It works
exactly as the lock button on the Word 2003 forms toolbar.

Sri wrote:
Can someone tell me how can i unlock form created in 2003 and
currently am using 2007

Pls help

my word is locked not on a document just locked jean Microsoft Word Help 2 June 5th 06 11:50 AM
my word is showing locked documents...and ive never locked them pandaexpress Microsoft Word Help 4 February 20th 06 05:15 AM
Locked Document Sarah New Users 1 September 11th 05 11:34 PM
how do I change a diagram that seems locked (document not locked) Dorothy Microsoft Word Help 1 June 30th 05 04:00 PM
document is locked? John New Users 1 February 2nd 05 01:36 AM