Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
encyclopediaPete encyclopediaPete is offline

Default How can I repeat replace an outline level?

I want to use WORD 2003 Styles as a condition to set the outline level. (And
possibly vice versa.)
Right now I have to go to each occurence of the particular paragraph style
and set the outline level manually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry about the blank response. All thumbs today. ;-)
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
to explain how the styles can be allocated an Outline Level.
Hope this helps.
DeanH

"encyclopediaPete" wrote:

I want to use WORD 2003 Styles as a condition to set the outline level. (And
possibly vice versa.)
Right now I have to go to each occurence of the particular paragraph style
and set the outline level manually.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can modify the outline level of the style. In the Styles and Formatting
pane, right-click the style name and choose Modify. In the Modify Style
dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. On the Indents and Spacing tab, specify
the desired outline level.

The easiest way to apply outline levels to text is to make use of the
built-in heading styles, though.

Note also that if you are trying to create a numbered outline, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP