Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Taz Mr. Taz is offline

Default How do I set Word2007 to fax via internal fax modem?

I have Officce 2007 Home and Student. In earlier versions you could fax via
your modem. How is that possible now? Help?! TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The ability to send faxes is determined by the availability of fax software
in Windows. Windows XP has a fax application as part of Windows that is not
installed by default, but which can be added. Some versions of Vista don't
include the fax function, so you must either upgrade Windows to one that
has, or buy third party fax software compatible with Vista.
With fax software installed, you simply print to fax -
http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm

Mr. Taz wrote:
I have Officce 2007 Home and Student. In earlier versions you could
fax via your modem. How is that possible now? Help?! TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That should have it, however I have not used Vista, so cannot tell you
whether the fax software is installed by default or whether you have to add
it via Windows setup.

Mr. Taz wrote:
I have Vista ultimate

Mr. Taz wrote:
I have Officce 2007 Home and Student. In earlier versions you could
fax via your modem. How is that possible now? Help?! TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr. Taz Mr. Taz is offline

Well thank you anyway. I have solved the issue by printing it to another fax
software on my system and it works just fine,

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

That should have it, however I have not used Vista, so cannot tell you
whether the fax software is installed by default or whether you have to add
it via Windows setup.

Mr. Taz wrote:
I have Vista ultimate