Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Tracey is offline

Default index and tabs

Hi, Im creating multiple indexes in a word 2003 document. The basic entry
structure is {XE "Cancer Services:Bray, Susan"\f "clinical programme"} and
the index is {INDEX \f"clinical programme"\e" "\c"2"}
The output is
Cancer Services
Bray, Susan................14
Murphy, Howard..........11
Peterson, Peter............. 9

The problem is that the tabs dont always seem to work and I can get this
result
Cancer Services
Bray, Susan................14
Murphy, Howard11
Peterson, Peter.............9

I cant find any difference in the code for each of the people so Im at a
loss for while this happens.

Any ideas would be welcomed
Cheers

PS this was previously incorrectly added to the Word for Mac disucssion
group so Ive resubmitted it in the correct area - sorry for the duplication

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Tracey is offline

Hi Suzanne

Nothing to the errant ones. The ones that are nicely left hand justifed
with a leader line all shrink back to a small tab size and the leader line
disappears.

Cheers

"Tracey" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Tracey is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I regenerated the index, it still had the problem but now a
second tab mark appeared in the margin ruler (not sure if thats the correct
term for it) and by manually selecting and deleting that off it right hand
justified correctly. I regenerated to see if it would come back but it seems
to all be working again.
Thanks for the help!

"Tracey" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Tracey is offline

Thanks Suzanne, I went back and regenerated the index style and then added
the relevant index descriptors into the code, it regenerated the same but
now this time I could see the second tab mark that seemed to be causing the
problem for some of the enteries. I deleted it and now its regenerating with
the page number for each entry fully right hand justified each time I update
it.
Thanks for the help, it was such a easy thing to fix once I followed through
your suggestion.

Page Index Tabs gapkid Page Layout 1 February 14th 07 02:47 PM
Faux index tabs Michele Microsoft Word Help 1 August 14th 06 08:26 PM
print on index tabs for binders Ronica Microsoft Word Help 4 November 11th 05 09:06 PM
Bleeding Index Tabs CherylEdwards2 Page Layout 2 October 14th 05 05:12 AM
Index divider tabs C Wire New Users 0 July 27th 05 09:51 AM