Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thistle Thistle is offline

Default Spell checking

1. I can't turn on automatic spell checking in Word 2007.
2. When I click on the spell check button the program tries to install
something and asks me to insert the Microsoft Works 2000 disc. (I removed
Works and threw away the disc years ago!)

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Thistle,

Check in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel to see if MS Works or MS Word as a separate entry is still listed. If so,
as you no longer have the CD, you may want to uninstall the 2000 series items.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thistle Thistle is offline

Bob

Thanks for the prompt response. Works is in the Add/Remove list but there is
no Remove button. This entry stayed in the list - minus the Remove button -
after I had used it when I thought I was getting rid of Works.

"Thistle" wrote in message ...
1. I can't turn on automatic spell checking in Word 2007.
2. When I click on the spell check button the program tries to install
something and asks me to insert the Microsoft Works 2000 disc. (I removed
Works and threw away the disc years ago!)

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks in advance.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Thistle,

How to remove it without the CD can vary by MS Works or MS Works Suite version. You may want to also post this in the MS Works
discussion group with the version name/number listed through the link below.

=============
"Thistle" wrote in message ...
Bob

Thanks for the prompt response. Works is in the Add/Remove list but there is
no Remove button. This entry stayed in the list - minus the Remove button -
after I had used it when I thought I was getting rid of Works.
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/new...blic.works.win

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/communit...s/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thistle Thistle is offline

Bob

Many thanks. Someone on the Works forum came up with the answer very quickly
and all seems to work properly now.

Thistle