Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Courtneyf04 Courtneyf04 is offline

Default Cannot save using Vista and Office 2007

I posted this originally in Frontpage and was told to try in the Word forum
instead...

Running Vista with Office 2007 and FrontPage 2003 (I have tried Expression
Web also). Opened a website in Frontpage 2003 and tried to edit and save a
Word document that had been saved previously in Word 2003. Was able to edit
but as soon as I hit save the error "document not saved" pops up. I am able
to hit save as and save it to another location. I can resave the file as an
..docx and then open it,
edit it, and then save again (as an .docx) without an errors but am unable to
edit a .doc file and then resave it as an .doc file to the same location with
Word 2007. I made sure to load FrontPage 2003 first and run all office
updates before loading 2007. I've tried this on multiple machines and get
the same error.

I've tried this scenario on Office 2003 and Vista no problems. Also on
Office 2007 and XP with no problems. It only occurs on Office 2007 and
Vista.

I have the same problem with updating a Excel document but the error is a bit
different - something like "Unable to save".