Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LJL LJL is offline

Default Hiding Edits

I know there was a post a couple of years ago on this, but... I want to
prevent others to whom I send an edited Word 2003 document from seeing all
the edits I made on the document. I think I remember seeing a way to do this,
but I may be having a senior moment. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:07:02 -0700, LJL wrote:

I know there was a post a couple of years ago on this, but... I want to
prevent others to whom I send an edited Word 2003 document from seeing all
the edits I made on the document. I think I remember seeing a way to do this,
but I may be having a senior moment. Is there a way to do this?

The only "edits" others might see are tracked changes that haven't been accepted
or rejected. If you have used the Tracked Changes feature, turn it off and use
the Accept and Reject buttons on the Reviewing toolbar (or the Accept All or
Reject All choices on the dropdown from the arrows on those buttons) to clean
out everything. Read
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.

If you want to keep a record of the changes, make a copy of the document first,
but be sure to send out only the one that has been purged of tracked changes.

There are other things in Word documents that you may also want to remove. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825576 and
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834427 for details.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LJL LJL is offline

Thanks very much. I appreciate the help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

[...]

too many edits joep3 Microsoft Word Help 0 May 30th 06 08:29 PM
what does there are too many edits in my document mean? mommy525 Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 05 03:59 AM
I keep getting a box that says "too many edits in the document" scarlett Microsoft Word Help 1 June 27th 05 10:26 PM
Too many edits LYA Microsoft Word Help 1 April 28th 05 05:09 PM
View edits? Bob Newman New Users 4 April 14th 05 12:03 AM