Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pfenning pfenning is offline

Default Autocorrect not using manual entries

I'm using Word 2000 and have entered a HUGE amount of my own autocorrect
entries, and I rely on them heavily to do my work. When I got started
working today, my 10 years' worth of autocorrect entries are all of a sudden
not being used for some reason, and I can't figure out why. When I pull up
the autocorrect file itself, they are listed there, but when I go to Tools
-- AutoCorrect, they are not listed. Some of my most recent entries (within
the last month or so) work, but not the ones that I added years ago and use
most often. ANY help would be appreciated because this is so important to my
work. THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pfenning pfenning is offline

It's on my desktop. I think I somehow put it there when I transferred to
this computer in 2004 (I have it labeled "AutoCorrect backup.doc"). It
brings up a Word document that has a table listing the Name (which is the
same as "Replace" in Tools--AutoCorrect), Value ("With" in
Tools--AutoCorrect), and RTF (I don't know what this is, but every listing
has it as False). Any ideas on how to get my entries working again?

"pfenning" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2000 and have entered a HUGE amount of my own autocorrect
entries, and I rely on them heavily to do my work. When I got started
working today, my 10 years' worth of autocorrect entries are all of a
sudden
not being used for some reason, and I can't figure out why. When I pull
up
the autocorrect file itself, they are listed there, but when I go to Tools
-- AutoCorrect, they are not listed. Some of my most recent entries
(within
the last month or so) work, but not the ones that I added years ago and
use
most often. ANY help would be appreciated because this is so important to
my
work. THANKS!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If these AutoCorrect entries are in a .doc file, they are irrelevant. If
they have not been loaded into your .acl file, they won't be used. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm