Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pawprint Pawprint is offline

Default How do I enter a Default date of Today in a text Form Field

I am creating a form template and want to have Today() as the default date
for the Date field, without using a macro. I tried {today()} or the {DATE \@
"yyyy-mm-dd"} or {TODAY \@ "YYYY-MM-DD"}, but it always prompts for a valid
date when closing the dialog. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks gurus....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Have you tried using Insert | Date? If you check the Automatically update
box, then it inserts it as a field.

FYI...the format I always see it { DATE \@ "yyyy-MM-dd" }, perhaps the case
of the letters is important.

"Pawprint" wrote:

I am creating a form template and want to have Today() as the default date
for the Date field, without using a macro. I tried {today()} or the {DATE \@
"yyyy-mm-dd"} or {TODAY \@ "YYYY-MM-DD"}, but it always prompts for a valid
date when closing the dialog. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks gurus....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pawprint Pawprint is offline

Thank you - I must have been blind not to see that in the drop down list. -
Perfect - what I was looking for.