Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KimberlyJC KimberlyJC is offline

Default wordmerge - first record prints incorrectly

Hi all,

Our IT department has all had a go at this one and no one can make much
sense of it. One of the departments on our campus uses a wordmerge from
Access 2007 to Word 2007 to print a 6" x 4" postcard. The postcard contains
an image (logo of the college) and some text along with two merged fields.
Everything is fine and dandy except that the image misprints on the first
record only. It seems to print far off to the right hand side so that only
the last couple letters in the image actually appear in the upper left hand
side of the postcard.

I've tried everything from playing with image properties to recreating the
whole document from scratch, altering print settings, using an Excel merge
instead of an Access. I did get it to print the image on a postcard but it
was portrait instead of landscape - which of course is close but no cigar.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Google comes up with
nothing...

Kimberly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Kimberly,

If you want to send = a copy of the mailmerge main document to ,
I will take a look at it to see if I can resolve the issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KimberlyJC" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What do you see if you merge to a new document instead of directly to the
printer?

Are you doing this as a Letter Merge, a Label merge, or what?

Have a look at Word Page Layout-Page Setup (look at the full dialog box you
get when you click the qarrow in the bottom right of the group),
particularly the Layout tab, and look for anything different about the first
page or section.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk