Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Office Neophyte Office Neophyte is offline

Default What does "modification not allowed...selection is locked" mean?

I'm in a trial period of using Microsoft Office. When I tried to open ithe
program and create a document, a blank page comes up that looks ready...but I
can't do anything to it and a message says "This modification is not allowed
because the selection is locked." I've tried several times...don't know why
or how it's locked, or how to unlock it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Maybe the trial period has expired.

--
Hope this helps.