Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Davros09 Davros09 is offline

Default Mail Merge Back to Back Printing Issue

We are having difficulties printing a mail merge in Word 07.

The letter being merged is 3 pages in length which we are trying to print
back to back. When merging and printing however, the first page of each new
letter is printing on the back of page 3 of the previous one rather than
starting on a new sheet (which earlier versionsof Word had no problem with).

Is there anything we can do (short of printing everything on individual
sheets)?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could merge to a new document then use a macro to print each letter as a
separate print job eg

Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter()

' splitter Macro
' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a
' mailmerge as a separate file.
'
Letters = ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
counter = 1
While counter Letters
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False, Range:=wdPrintFromTo, _

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Davros09,

Perhaps the simplest solution would be to add a blank 'final' page to your mailmerge main document.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Davros09" wrote in message ...
We are having difficulties printing a mail merge in Word 07.

The letter being merged is 3 pages in length which we are trying to print
back to back. When merging and printing however, the first page of each new
letter is printing on the back of page 3 of the previous one rather than
starting on a new sheet (which earlier versionsof Word had no problem with).

Is there anything we can do (short of printing everything on individual
sheets)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It is at least worth verifying that the Section Start for the Mail merge
main document is set up to be "Odd Page" (Page Layout-Page Setup, click
the arrow in the bottom right to get the fulll dialog box,-Layout
tab-Section Start

However, it would not surprise me in the least if that is not enough to
fix this problem.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Davros09 wrote:
We are having difficulties printing a mail merge in Word 07.

The letter being merged is 3 pages in length which we are trying to print
back to back. When merging and printing however, the first page of each new
letter is printing on the back of page 3 of the previous one rather than
starting on a new sheet (which earlier versionsof Word had no problem with).

Is there anything we can do (short of printing everything on individual
sheets)?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angela in Virginia Angela in Virginia is offline

Might not be the best suggestion but...
Try inserting a page break in your template, after the third page, so your
total number of pages is even.