Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Needing Help Needing Help is offline

Default Deleting Page Breaks in Outlines

I am doing a multi-leveled outline in Word and it keeps adding page breaks
and I can't delete them. I want the outline to flow form page to page with
no breaks. Does anyone know how to correct this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if one or more of the heading styles have "Page break before" formatting
added to them. Clear the setting from the style definition (in the Modify
Style dialog box, click Format, and then click Paragraph; you'll find the
setting on the Line and Page Breaks tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Needing Help" Needing wrote in message
I am doing a multi-leveled outline in Word and it keeps adding page breaks
and I can't delete them. I want the outline to flow form page to page
with
no breaks. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are creating the outline using Word's built-in heading styles, then
that's the problem. Headings 1-4 are formatted as "Keep with next," which
causes them to keep chasing each other until they find a break (a
non-heading paragraph) or fill a page. The solution is to remove the KWN
property from some of the lower-level heading styles (I'd advise keeping it
at least for Heading 1 and possibly Heading 2, depending on your outline).

http://word.mvps.org