Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil Stokes Phil Stokes is offline

Default Date MERGE formats

I am using the following mergrfield in my merge document

MERGEFIELD mydate \@ "hh:mm dddd, dd MMMM yyyy"

It appears on the document as 01:29 Saturday, 09 May 2009 (that is "mydate"
in this in this instance) where the time of 13:29 is translated to 01:29. I
want it to appear as 13:29 preferably but the least I require is that it
appear as 1.29 PM so that it's obvious what time the document is actually
dated. This format works in every other Format() statement I use so can
anyone help me with this please.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil Stokes Phil Stokes is offline

Hi
Have found the answer on http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm
Thanks
Phil

"Phil Stokes" wrote:

I am using the following mergrfield in my merge document

MERGEFIELD mydate \@ "hh:mm dddd, dd MMMM yyyy"

It appears on the document as 01:29 Saturday, 09 May 2009 (that is "mydate"
in this in this instance) where the time of 13:29 is translated to 01:29. I
want it to appear as 13:29 preferably but the least I require is that it
appear as 1.29 PM so that it's obvious what time the document is actually
dated. This format works in every other Format() statement I use so can
anyone help me with this please.

Thanks

Mail merge date field formats in word Slim Mailmerge 2 December 20th 07 03:02 PM
Date Formats Chris Stammers Mailmerge 2 March 28th 07 02:54 AM
date formats nemo Page Layout 2 October 17th 06 01:20 AM
date formats kevin Microsoft Word Help 2 February 19th 06 05:40 PM
How can I maintain Excel date formats in a mail merge? MKLeisure Mailmerge 1 August 30th 05 08:09 PM