Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ikonoblast Ikonoblast is offline

Default microsoft exchange

My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server. How do I
fix this?
--
Dell XPS M1530 laptop
Windows Vista Ultimate
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Ikonoblast" wrote in message
My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server. How
do I
fix this?

Err why would a Word Processing Application look for a MAIL server? What are
you doing when it does this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set Outlook as your default e-mail application.

Ikonoblast wrote:
My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server.
How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ikonoblast Ikonoblast is offline

I right click on the word document to send an e-mail message, and it gives me
an error message that my Microsoft Exchange Server cannot be accessed. I
don't use an Exchange server.
--

"Gordon" wrote:

"Ikonoblast" wrote in message
My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server. How
do I
fix this?

Err why would a Word Processing Application look for a MAIL server? What are
you doing when it does this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Ikonoblast" wrote in message
I right click on the word document to send an e-mail message, and it gives
me
an error message that my Microsoft Exchange Server cannot be accessed. I
don't use an Exchange server.

So how and with what do you email usually?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ikonoblast Ikonoblast is offline

Let's start over.

My wife has a fairly new Dell w/ Vista Ultimate and Office 2007. When I
open Word and try to send a document as an e-mail attachment, I get the
following:

Login Failed: You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address
book. Error Code: "Unspecified Error:

I see on other groups the same problem occurs, but no satisfactory solution
has been offered. I have set WLive Mail as the default mail handler.

Windows Live Mail does open, but a "new" message does not open to be
addressed.
--

Ikonoblast wrote:
My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server.
How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Change your default e-mail application to Outlook and use Outlook Connector
to access your LiveMail account

Ikonoblast wrote:
My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server.
How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Ikonoblast" wrote in message
Let's start over.

My wife has a fairly new Dell w/ Vista Ultimate and Office 2007. When I
open Word and try to send a document as an e-mail attachment, I get the
following:

Login Failed: You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your
address
book. Error Code: "Unspecified Error:

I suspect that somehow, Outlook has been set up with a spurious "Exchange"
account. Have you checked? (It is the default unless you specify something
else...)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Gordon wrote:
"Ikonoblast" wrote in message
Let's start over.

My wife has a fairly new Dell w/ Vista Ultimate and Office 2007. When I
open Word and try to send a document as an e-mail attachment,
I get the following:

Login Failed: You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your
address
book. Error Code: "Unspecified Error:

I suspect that somehow, Outlook has been set up with a spurious
"Exchange" account. Have you checked? (It is the default unless you
specify something else...)

Word will not work directly with web mail. If it sees no valid mail
application it prompts for Microsoft Exchange to act as interface. Only
corporate users are likely to have Microsoft Exchange and for those it is a
job for the local IT support to fix.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

AFAIAA, if you want this to work the WLM client MUST be running for Send as
Attachment to work. It still works 'as expected' if you are using Outlook
2007 as your email client though. I've not tried it with any other client.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ikonoblast Ikonoblast is offline

So how do I achieve that? The machine in question has Microsoft Home and
Student installed that does not include Outlook.
--

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

If you don't have Outlook, you cannot. But I personally like the WLM client
and suggest that you start using it. Just type Windows Live Mail into Google
and it will link you to the MS WL site. Make sure that you only install the
features you want: left to its own devices, it installs the kitchen sink and
a bath tub!

Terry

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ikonoblast Ikonoblast is offline

Thanks for the help. Kinda strange that MS is pushing WLM, but it doesn't
have full functionality..........
--

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I'll agree with that! But as long as I keep it minimised, I can use all the
email features in Word.

Terry

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web
mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
larfie larfie is offline

Hi,

I have WLM installed and have been using it as my default mail client.
However, I have the same problem where when I am using any Office software
and want to email the file I'm working on using the "send to" option, I get
the message for the exchange server (it goes something like "you must log on
to the microsoft exchange server, blah blah blah"). I've tried switching the
default to outlook and then back, but it doesn't work. I'd really like to
avoid using outlook, and stick with my WLM since other than this problem it
works really well. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Word will not work directly with web mail.

The OP is using Windows Live Mail which is a mail client, not web
mail.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"larfie" wrote in message
Hi,

I have WLM installed and have been using it as my default mail client.
However, I have the same problem where when I am using any Office software
and want to email the file I'm working on using the "send to" option,

Nothing to do with Exchange and all to do with the fact that WLM is not
fully MAPI compliant, which you need to use the "Send to" function within an
Office document.
The only Email clients that I personally know are fully MAPI compliant are
Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. There may be others...