flylake

Default removing automatic lines

I made the mistake of putting a couple automatic lines in a document. I used
them as spacers so I could later separate the text into sections with
headings.

To set the lines, I just hit enter, then ----------, then enter

The problem now, is I can't get rid of the lines. They stay in my text and
bounce around from one paragraph to another. You can't highlight them to
delete them, and if you backspace them out, they just jump down below the
next paragraph.

How can I get rid of these things, and how can I turn off the automatic line
creation so I never get them again?

Thanks for your help.
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm