frankamaher

Default Word Hyperlinks lost when text in box put behind picture, why?

I need to hperlink text in boxes hidden in a picture. I am using
Word 2000. I create the text box at a specific point on a picture whixh was
pasted on the page earlier. Then I hperlink the text in the box to a specific
Adobe file. The link on test works fine. I then go to Format/text
box/layout, and select 'behind the text', when completion, the text is now
hidden by the picture, but now the hyperlink is not working. I am sure that
when I tried this once before in the past. the link remained even though the
text was hidden..Any help would be appreciated.
--
Take care, Frank
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZnJhbmthbWFoZXI=?=,

I need to hperlink text in boxes hidden in a picture. I am using
Word 2000. I create the text box at a specific point on a picture whixh was
pasted on the page earlier. Then I hperlink the text in the box to a specific
Adobe file. The link on test works fine. I then go to Format/text
box/layout, and select 'behind the text', when completion, the text is now
hidden by the picture, but now the hyperlink is not working. I am sure that
when I tried this once before in the past. the link remained even though the
text was hidden.

Anything graphic placed "behind the text" is usally not "selectable" if there's
anything at all in front of it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

This problem has been solved in another NG.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?ZnJhbmthbWFoZXI=?=,

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)