kh

Default How do I get grey margin lines to show in each corner?

In Word XP, I'm looking for a way to get the grey margin lines (crosshairs)
to show up in each corner of a page in Printy Layout Vew *without* all the
dotted text boundaries from showing up.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, you must be the only person on the planet who actually *wants* this.
See €śMargin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you
open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

"kh" wrote in message
In Word XP, I'm looking for a way to get the grey margin lines

(crosshairs)
to show up in each corner of a page in Printy Layout Vew *without* all the
dotted text boundaries from showing up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kh

Wow, I didn't realize it was considered a "bug"! It's a useful way to check
margin alignment but less intrusive than the dotted text boundary lines. I
just reinstalled Word XP but haven't reinstalled the international proofing
tools yet, hence the lack of the grey lines I'm used to.

Thanks very much for your help!

"kh" wrote in message
In Word XP, I'm looking for a way to get the grey margin lines

(crosshairs)
to show up in each corner of a page in Printy Layout Vew *without* all the
dotted text boundaries from showing up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm so used to using text boundaries that I feel quite lost without them
(except in Normal view, which is where I usually work anyway).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, you must be the only person on the planet who actually *wants*

this.
See €śMargin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when

you
open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

newsgroup so
all may benefit.