Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Weave

Default Exporting Favorites

I want to transfer my "Favorites" to another computer. What's the easiest
way of doing this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Copy the Favorites folder to a disk/CD, then copy it from the disk/CD to
your new computer. Shortcuts to Web sites will be okay; shortcuts to files
will not work unless the path is exactly the same.

"Weave" wrote in message
I want to transfer my "Favorites" to another computer. What's the easiest
way of doing this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Select the folder and either:

1. Right-click and choose Copy, then select the drive you want to copy to,
right-click, and choose Paste; or

2. Drag the folder to the drive you want to copy to (Windows automatically
copies rather than moves when you drag files between drives).

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Copy the Favorites folder to a disk/CD, then copy it from the disk/CD to
your new computer. Shortcuts to Web sites will be okay; shortcuts to

files
will not work unless the path is exactly the same.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Weave" wrote in message
I want to transfer my "Favorites" to another computer. What's the

easiest
way of doing this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Weave

Alright Suzanne...please excuse my stupidity. I have 26 folders in my
"Favorites" option. In those folders are various links to different
websites. Instead of copying/pasting each folder to a drive how can I do all
this at once?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the folder and either:

1. Right-click and choose Copy, then select the drive you want to copy to,
right-click, and choose Paste; or

2. Drag the folder to the drive you want to copy to (Windows automatically
copies rather than moves when you drag files between drives).

news

"Weave" wrote in message
I want to transfer my "Favorites" to another computer. What's the

easiest
way of doing this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Weave

Okay...As I'm right-clicking on the Favorites folder the only options I'm
getting is "Standard Buttons", "Address Bar", "Links", "Lock the Toolbars",
and "Customize." There is no "Copy" option.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the folder and either:

1. Right-click and choose Copy, then select the drive you want to copy

to,
right-click, and choose Paste; or

2. Drag the folder to the drive you want to copy to (Windows

automatically
copies rather than moves when you drag files between drives).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Weave" wrote in message
news Okay...opening up Windows Explorer how do I copy my favorites?

"Weave" wrote in message
I want to transfer my "Favorites" to another computer. What's the
easiest
way of doing this. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Where are you clicking on the Favorites folder? You should be doing this in
Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you can just drag the folder to a removable
drive. And note that Ctrl+C works there, too.