Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drwho

Default How Do I Create Doc. So No One Edits?

I have just created a letterhead with logo at top and type info. across
bottom but how do I pass the file along for others to use so they can't
delete the image and/or info. across bottom of page? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a
document in Word 2000 or higher?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm

See the article "How can I prevent users from editing the header of a Word
97 document?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...rd97Header.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"drwho" wrote in message
I have just created a letterhead with logo at top and type info. across
bottom but how do I pass the file along for others to use so they can't
delete the image and/or info. across bottom of page? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
drwho

Huh? (newbie here)......is there no easier way than this?....where exactly
does this info. go and how?

"drwho" wrote in message
I have just created a letterhead with logo at top and type info. across
bottom but how do I pass the file along for others to use so they can't
delete the image and/or info. across bottom of page? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

First, put your logos and information in the header/footer. Second, save it
as a template and have your users create new documents based on the
template. File New

--
Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"drwho" wrote in message
I have just created a letterhead with logo at top and type info. across
bottom but how do I pass the file along for others to use so they can't
delete the image and/or info. across bottom of page? Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson

Well, not quite.

Now you can create what you want and others can use it; however, they can
still make changes in the information in the header or footer. To prevent
(or at least strongly discourage it) editing, more is required.

Click on the link in Doug's message and see if there is anything useful
for you there.

Tom
MSMVP
Windows shell/User
PS
Give a hungry man some fish and he will be hungry again soon. Teach him
how to fish and he will feed his village for a long time.
;-)

"drwho" wrote in message
: Ahhhh!....that's more like it!...thanks!
:
: "Charles Kenyon" wrote:
:
: First, put your logos and information in the header/footer. Second,
save it
: as a template and have your users create new documents based on the
: template. File New
:
:
: --
[...]
: Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word
:
: Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
: Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide
:
: See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/ which is awesome!
: This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
: and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
: from my ignorance and your wisdom.
:
:
: ...