Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
graciediego

Default locking imported artwork

I have a logo designed in another program that I have imported into word for
a clients use as office templates. There are 2 problems. 1 is when I send
them my mac designed documents they see shadows and faint type on their pc's.
2 I can figure out how to make the logo lock into place so it can be moved or
edited???? Please help.....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Z3JhY2llZGllZ28=?=,

I have a logo designed in another program that I have imported into word for
a clients use as office templates. There are 2 problems. 1 is when I send
them my mac designed documents they see shadows and faint type on their pc's.
2 I can figure out how to make the logo lock into place so it can be moved or
edited?

for 1: you should also design on the same system your clients use. That's as
true for layout and template design as it is for programming code.

for 2: you can't. Word isn't designed to allow this. The only thing that even
comes close is protecting the document as a form. But this will block out other
commands that the users might expect to use.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)